50th Anniversary 50 of CEHINAV
ETSIN Towing Tank began its journey 50 years ago. From the beginning, several naval engineers, as well as many others from different disciplines, have passed through this singular infrastructure, having their first contact with hydrodynamics, which has then been many times important during their professional career or led to a phd thesis. Many companies, both national and international, have also trusted the towing tank group with several research projects. These actions have come along with significative scientific contributions in research journals and congresses.
With all this in mind, next Friday 22 December, at 12 hours, there will be a conmemorative act in the Hall of ETSIN.
Presidente y Moderador: Luis Ramón Núñez Rivas (ETSI Navales Director)
- 12.00h: The Towing Tank origins (Honorio Sierra Cano, CEHINAV Promoter)
- 12.15h: 30 years of the Towing Tank (Luis Pérez Rojas, CEHINAV Director)
- 12.30h: The students and the interaction with the companies (Guillermo Martín, CEHINAV former scholar, CINTRANAVAL Director)
- 12.45h: The Towing Tank and the America's Cup (Manuel Ruiz de Elvira, CEHINAV former scholar, America's Cup Designer)
- 13.00h: The future of the Towing Tank (Antonio Souto Iglesias, CEHINAV member)
- 13.15h: Brief colloquium
- 13.30h: Vino español en el Aula del Carmen, ofrecido por la ETSIN